Net Zero New Zealand: The Emissions Workshop is a new single-day conference designed to provide guidance and information to New Zealand organisations seeking to manage their emissions profile and take their place in a low-carbon economy.
The first Emissions Workshop was held on 5 December 2018, at the InterContinental Wellington.
The event is back in 2020 and will again be held at the InterContinental in Wellington on 2 December.
This is a must-attend for all organisations wanting to understand their emissions profile, the risks, challenges and opportunities for their business and those interested in measuring, reducing and offsetting their emissions.
The conference will bring together New Zealand’s large organisations, emissions-intensive industries, energy consumers, and other key stakeholders to discuss the practical implications for industry and government of achieving a lower emissions economy.
Attendance will consist of boards, senior managers and decision makers looking for practical advice and leadership into how this transition can be managed and what to do next.
International and local advice will be coupled with practical examples of organisations successfully delivering a lower emissions strategy.
The 2019 Workshop covered:
- Building an emissions roadmap for your business
- Implementing reduction initiatives
- The commercial benefits of cutting emissions
- Financing lower emissions initiatives, capital, investment and debt
- How the conscious consumers will affect your business
- How to engage and communicate with your customers on your low emissions journey
- What to expect next from the Government and the ICCC
- Case studies from large & medium sized organisations
The following were members of the 2019 Advisory Panel for The Emissions Workshop:
Kaapua Smith – Head of Sustainability, Contact Energy
Catherine Leining – Policy Fellow, Motu
Jörn Scherzer – Manager Sustainability and Resilience, Hutt City Council
Steve Dixon – GM Strategy and Partnerships, Toitū Envirocare
Gerri Ward – Sustainability and Community Manager, Z Energy