Freeman is an experienced and savvy information services provider to the New Zealand corporate community, established in 2002 by Matt Freeman. It was previously known as Freeman Media.
It specialises in online subscription news and information services for specific business sectors, publishing a range of reports and maps, and running industry events.
Energy News was established in 2008 - a subscription-based news and information website for the New Zealand energy sector. Energy News has carved out a niche as the trusted source of New Zealand energy sector news and information.
In September 2013 Freeman launched into the mining and quarrying sectors with the publication of Inside Resources, an online subscription-based web service, using the same formula as Energy News.
In 2020 it acquired Capital Letter - New Zealand's review of administration, legislation and law. This publication provides court judgment summaries from the High Court, Court of Appeal and Supreme Court. It also provides updates on legislation, statutory reviews and general reviews.
Events run within the energy and, mining and quarrying sectors include the New Zealand Energy Excellence Awards, Downstream, Taranaki Energy Forum, Emissions Workshop, Energy Trader Forum and the New Zealand Minerals Forum.
Freeman also publishes six large, detailed industry maps, which provide an in-depth picture of the different sectors the company works with. Titles include Minerals Exploration and Mining, Petroleum Exploration and Mining, North Island Quarries, South Island Quarries, Energy Infrastructure and Smart Energy Technology.
Launched in 2012, the Annual Energy News Electricity Survey, currently sponsored by GE Digital, polls the electricity industry on key trends, opportunities and challenges. In 2019 over 500 participants took part in the survey, and the results are widely used to inform strategic business decisions.
The Subscriptions Manager position is a strategic role that has responsibility for subscriptions to our three publications. This includes account management and renewals, and driving new subscriptions. Our client base includes some of New Zealand's largest organisations.
The successful candidate will need to be confident in both a phone and face-to-face sales environment. A large part of the role will be spent engaging with clients and a steady outbound phonecall and meeting schedule will need to be kept.
Proficiency across the Microsoft Office range of products and sound document presentation, grammar and spelling is expected.
We are looking for a motivated individual who likes the idea of advancing themselves and their career. A financial incentive is part of the salary package and there is ample room to over-achieve.
Corporate presentation skills will be assumed and you will be happy to interact with industry executives at a high level but also at an operational level.
National travel is a core part of this role and an unrestricted driver's license is essential. After-hours attendance at industry functions, conferences and other events is also required.
A competitive remuneration package is offered including five weeks annual leave, plus other perks and benefits including career development opportunities.
We are after a salesperson that can create their own opportunities and convert them, leveraging our strong existing relationships and brand profile in the sector.
For more information, please click here.
Freeman is seeking an Events Manager, with a flair for business development, to help deliver its industry-facing business events. We are looking for a candidate who is highly organised, able to manage changing priorities, and thrive under pressure. Attention-to-detail is key.
This is much more than just a typical events role. You will need to show an interest in learning about the sectors we work with as well. You will be tasked with running the events to a target profit.
WHAT WE DO
Freeman publishes online industry information services, runs events, publishes maps and offers research services in the New Zealand energy, resources and legal sectors. It is regarded as the trusted information provider to these sectors.
It presently owns and runs:
- The New Zealand Energy Excellence Awards – a black-tie awards dinner for 650
- Taranaki Energy Forum – a quarterly information sharing and networking event for 150
- Energy Trader Forum – a quarterly information sharing and networking event for 100
- Net Zero New Zealand: The Emissions Workshop – an annual 1-day conference for 200
- Downstream (450 delegates) and the New Zealand Minerals Forum (350 delegates), for which Freeman is 50% joint venture partner
- The role requires skills in: event management, design and print management, sponsorship sales co-ordination, budgeting and financial reporting for events, content management, sponsor liaison, media liaison, marketing
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office 365 range of products is required
- Experience in delivering online events
- Additional skills required: Impeccable document presentation, grammar and spelling, excellent presentation, communication and inter-personal skills
- National travel is a core part of this role and an unrestricted driver's licence is essential. After-hours attendance at industry functions, conferences and other events is also required
- Competitive remuneration packages and five weeks' annual leave, plus other perks and benefits including career development opportunities
- The position is full-time and is based in Wellington
For more information, please click here.