In response to the uncertainty around running large events safely following the Covid-19 outbreak, the New Zealand Energy Excellence Awards scheduled for August 2020 have been postponed to 10 March 2021.
The New Zealand Energy Excellence Awards provide an annual opportunity to recognise excellence and achievement across the energy sector.
The inaugural event was held in 2010 and in 2019 it was attended by over 620 industry members. The event is the industry's premier black-tie gala event and is attended at an influencer and decision-maker level, providing an ideal vehicle for networking and branding your organisation as one that recognises excellence.
The 2021 categories are:
- Innovation in Energy Award
- Community Initiative of the Year
- Young Energy Professional of the Year
- Large Energy User Initiative of the Year
- Network Initiative of the Year
- Editor's Award (for Outstanding Contribution to the Sector)
- Outcomes Award (NEW for 2021)
- Low Carbon Future Award
- Well-being Award
- Consumer NZ Energy Retailer of the Year
2019 recipients were Contact Energy, Genesis, Ben Gerritsen from First Gas, Red Stag Timber, Counties Power, Meridian Energy, Powershop, Eastland Group and Editor's Award recipient Patrick Strange.