The Deloitte Energy Excellence Awards provide an annual opportunity to recognise excellence and achievement across the energy sector.
The 2020 Awards are being held on Wednesday 19 August, at the Cordis Auckland.
The inaugural event was held in 2010 and in 2019 it was attended by over 620 industry members. The event is now the industry's premier black-tie gala event and is attended at an influencer and decision-maker level, providing an ideal vehicle for networking and branding your organisation as one that recognises excellence.
The 2019 categories were:
- Innovation in Energy Award
- Community Initiative of the Year
- Young Energy Professional of the Year
- Large Energy User Initiative of the Year
- Network Initiative of the Year (NEW FOR 2019)
- Editor's Award (for Outstanding Contribution to the Sector)
- Energy Technology of the Year
- Low Carbon Future Award
- Well-being Award (NEW FOR 2019)
- Consumer NZ Energy Retailer of the Year
2019 recipients were Contact Energy, Genesis, Ben Gerritsen from First Gas, Red Stag Timber, Counties Power, Meridian Energy, Powershop, Eastland Group and Editor's Award recipient Patrick Strange.