The New Zealand Energy Excellence Awards is an annual programme that works with the energy sector to share stories of leadership and achievement, recognise excellence and celebrate success through socially responsible practices.
The inaugural event was held in 2010 and in 2021 it was attended by over 550 industry members. The event is the industry's premier black-tie gala event and is attended at an influencer and decision-maker level, providing an ideal vehicle for networking and branding your organisation as one that recognises excellence.
The 2022 categories are:
- Innovation in Energy Award
- Large Energy User Initiative of the Year
- Network Initiative of the Year
- Low Carbon Future Award
- Community Initiative of the Year
- Outcomes Award
- Well-being Award
- Young Energy Professional of the Year
- Energy Retailer of the Year
- Editor's Award (for Outstanding Contribution to the Sector)
2021 recipients were Genesis, Open Country Dairy, OMV New Zealand, Fonterra and Nature’s Flame, Methanex, The Lines Company, MainPower, Juliet Oliver of Todd Energy, and Flick Electric Co. Brent Norriss received the Editor’s Award for outstanding contribution to the sector posthumously.