The New Zealand Energy Excellence Awards is an annual programme that works with the energy sector to share stories of leadership and achievement, recognise excellence and celebrate success through socially responsible practices.
The inaugural event was held in 2010 and in 2022 it was attended by over 650 industry members. The event is the industry's premier black-tie gala event and is attended at an influencer and decision-maker level, providing an ideal vehicle for networking and branding your organisation as one that recognises excellence.
The 2022 categories were:
- Innovation in Energy Award
- Large Energy User Initiative of the Year
- Network Initiative of the Year
- Low Carbon Future Award
- Community Initiative of the Year
- Outcomes Award
- Well-being Award
- Young Energy Professional of the Year
- Energy Retailer of the Year
- Editor's Award (for Outstanding Contribution to the Sector)
2022 recipients were Simply Energy, McCain Foods, Unison Networks, Aurora Energy, Contact Energy, ERANZ, Z Energy. Yuyin Kueh of Orion, and Dr Brent Layton received the Editor’s Award for outstanding contribution to the sector.