The detailed map is a large 1.2m x 0.83m poster and provides a clear, insightful picture of the country's mining and mineral permitting activity.
The map displays all coal and Tier One minerals permits and licences. Enlargements of information-dense areas (e.g. West Coast, Otago, Waikato) are provided.
Key features include:
- Coal mines ownership, location and annual production figures
- Operational and planned hard-rock gold, alluvial gold, phosphate, garnet, ilmenite and tungsten projects
- Operational industrial minerals mines, including perlite, bentonite, diatomite, silica, zeolite, halloysite and burnt lime
- Coal mining table catergorised by coal type, rank, utilisation and region
- Large coal users including ownership and location, average annual use (by industry type) and known suppliers
- Recently expired and surrendered permits
- Annual minerals production statistics
- Summary of large miners including contact details, mining assets and exploration permits
- KiwiRail centrelines, station points and coal loading facility areas
- New Zealand ports
- DoC public and Schedule 4 conservation areas
Data on this map will change throughout the year and is accurate as of November 2021. Up-to-date information about mines, projects and permits (including permit expiry dates, resource area, mineral type and changes to the work programmes) can be found at www.insideresources.co.nz.
For further information please contact:
m +64 21 453 485
e james.harvey [at] freemanmedia.co.nz